12/07/20

The new Sultan (2)

"...Rasha, a servant who will work in MY Palace. I will treat
you well, don't worry."
Before I could answer, Nadir starts reading from that book,
speaking in an unknown language. I feel strange heat all over
my body.
It is not possible! my body... is changing!
I'm getting thinner... shorter... my hair is getting very long!
I am paralyzed with terror.
I turn to my large mirror, and I only see... a woman wearing
loose-fitting men's clothes!
I immediately lose consciousness in shock. 
 
Three months later: 
It has been a very tough 3 months.
My brother made me train as a servant and belly dancer, so
I lived in total humiliation.
I'm starting to get used to it now, but I still hope that my
brother decides to turn me into a servant man at least.
I cannot look for the spell book: as a servant of the Sultan's
Palace, I cannot go to the areas reserved for nobles, nor
can I go to the city without permission. I am trapped here,
cleaning and dancing all day.
 
- "Rasha, come here, I have to talk to you."
- "Yes, broth... Sultan. Here I am."
- "Yesterday a wealthy merchant who owns many lands
beyond the desert visited the Palace to talk to me about
some business. He was enchanted by your beauty and your
dance, during yesterday's banquet, and asked me if I was
willing to sell you. He wants to free you and marry you. I
want you to decide. After all I have already taken away
from you a lot: you deserve to decide at least this. Do you
prefer to stay here as my servant, under my protection, or
to follow this man in his land, living like his rich wife?"
 
Stay here
Go with the merchant

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento